Sorry for the delay in getting this post to you--I've been busy sneezing my nose off :/ But luckily, I found some relief that we can all take advantage of this wonderfully warm allergy season--castor oil and baking soda!!! Here's how you use it:
- Pour a drop of castor oil into the palm of your hand
- Sprinkle some baking soda over the castor oil
- Stir the ingredients together with your finger to form a paste
- Put the paste on your fingertips and massage the top of your nose and sinus cavity for about 1 minute (get some massage in under your eyes too--it's a great exfoliator ;) )
- Put a little of the mixture on the inside of your nostrils, then use a little of the nasal spray that works best for you (Perrigo and Afrin work really for me)
Here are a few more supplements/tips for keeping allergy season sneeze-free:
- Put a little lemon balm oil in your nasal spray. It makes the spray smell a lot better, keeps you from getting watery eyes and boosts your immune system.
- Drink chamomile tea with ground ginger at night and lots of orange blossom honey before going to bed at night. These ingredients reduce the histamine response in your body and take away that 'wired' feeling you get when you're hopped up on allergy pills.
- Take cat's claw (it's at GNC) at least three times a day with a meal or snack. It's a sneeze-buster and takes away the swelling in your nose and eyes during allergy season