For this recipe, you'll need:
2 cups rice
2 ½ cups water
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped tomatillos
½ chopped chives
1 cup chopped red and green peppers
Salt, pepper chili powder and cumin, to taste
1. Boil water and cook rice in a pot per box instructions.
2. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and olive oil.
3. Add the onions and tomatillos to the saucepan and cook until the onions are slightly clear.
4. Add chives to the onion and tomatillo mixture, along with chopped peppers. Save a handful of chives to garnish the rice after cooking.
5. Stir the rice into the saucepan with the cooked vegetables, spoonful by spoonful.
6. Add seasonings to taste and add a little more olive oil if necessary to keep the rice from sticking.
7. Take the rice from the saucepan to a serving dish and sprinkle chopped chives on top before serving.